It’s Your Mojo works with children and families as part of its activities. These include delivering online live and interactive lessons in the extra-curricular subjects.
The purpose of this policy statement is to:
• ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people is paramount when adults, young people or children are using the internet, social media or mobile devices
• provide staff and volunteers with the overarching principles that guide our approach to online safety
• ensure that, as an organisation, we operate in line with our values and within the law in terms of how we use online devices.
The policy statement applies to all staff, volunteers, children and young people and anyone involved in It’s Your Mojo activities.
Legal framework: This policy has been drawn up on the basis of legislation, policy and guidance that seeks to protect children in England/Northern Ireland/Scotland/Wales.
Summaries of the key legislation and guidance are available on: • online abuse • bullying • child protection.
We believe that:
• children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
• children should be able to use the internet for education and personal development, but safeguards need to be in place to ensure they are kept safe at all times.
We recognise that:
• the online world provides everyone with many opportunities; however it can also present risks and challenges
• we have a duty to ensure that all children, young people and adults involved in our organisation are protected from potential harm online
• we have a responsibility to help keep children and young people safe online, whether or not they are using It’s Your Mojo network and devices
• working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare and in helping young people to be responsible in their approach to online safety
• all children, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse